Thursday 26 March 2015

Today we were saying goodbye to the South Island and heading North from Picton.  Picton marina was really pretty and we stopped at a nearby cafe for brekkie.  Poached eggs on toast arrived complete with flourish of pesto around the plate which I wiped away with my serviette and tucked in.  On finishing we headed off for an explore but after about 5 minutes my right eye started swelling up and my nose was streaming.  What an idiot, I'd touched my eye after wiping the pesto and was now having a localised allergic reaction to the pine nuts.  Instead of exploring any further we parked up overlooking the marina whilst I waited for the anti-histamine to work and my eye to stop looking like a puffer fish.


Emergency over and time to head for the ferry we queued up and watched all the trucks and cattle transporters being loaded.  The cattle/sheep transport trucks have dog kennel units under the containers and you see all these canine heads or noses sticking out from the air holes as the trucks trundle passed.


We knew bad weather was forecast so made the most with some early photos and then settled in to watch one of the free movies, The Book Thief.  Brilliant film, powerful, moving and a must see.



After a good crossing and arriving on time in Wellington we quickly headed for our campsite on the outskirts of Wellington.  The reserve campsite closed their gates at 7pm and we made it with fifteen minutes to spare.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment